Most gym sessions is spent tightening and toning the areas we consider the most noticeable—butt, stomach, legs. But here’s an secret all top trainers know: Strong back muscles are not only key as a overall defined look, but they’re your best defense against pain, injury, and poor posture for years to come.
This 6 classic strength exercises for how to get rid of back fat target all of the muscles in your upper body to aid you banish bra bulge and sculpt a strong, sexy back, and shoulders.
How it works: 3 – 4 days a week, do 1 set of each exercise back to back, with little or no rest in between moves. After the last exercise, rest 1 to 2 minutes, and repeat the full circuit 2 more times (3 times total).
1. One-Arm Dumbbell Row
- Kickoff kneeling over the side of an bench by placing the knee and hand of the supporting arm on the bench then position the opposite foot on the floor.
- Grab an dumbbell by the floor opposite of the side supporting the body and pull the dumbbell up slowly to your chest, feeling a stretch in your back until it almost makes contact with your chest.
- Hold these position for an count, and then return slowly back to the starting position.
- Repeat 12 times.
2. T Raises
- Grab a pair of 2- to 3-pound dumbbells and stand on feet hip-width apart.
- Take a slight bend in knees as you shift hips back and lower torso until it is parallel to the floor.
- Add weights together and turn palms to face forward.
- Keeping arms straight, lift weights up to shoulder height and then lower back down.
- Be sure to keep core and glutes engaged the entire time.
- Do 15 reps.
3. Machine Assisted Pull-Ups
- Kickoff setting up the weight that will allow your body to lower towards the floor and that you’d like to perform for these exercise, making sure that the knee rests is in position for your body to rest upon.
- Climb onto the machine and place your knees upon the rest, and then once in position grab the pull-up handles above you and lift yourself up towards the cap.
- Squeeze your lat and back muscles as your body comes up towards the ceiling until your shoulders are at hand level and hold as an count.
- Return back to the beginning position.
- Do 12 reps.
4. Inverted Row
- Kickoff by taking a barbell and placing it on an rack at about waist level.
- Position yourself underneath the bar, grabbing them with a shoulder width grip and keeping
- your body extended straight out on heels on the ground.
- Flex up on your elbows, pulling your chest towards the bar until you feel an stretch in your middle to lower back.
- Hold these position as an count then return back to the starting position.
- Repeat for as many repps and sets as desired.
5. Dumbbell Bent Over Delt Raise
- Kickoff standing in front of a incline bench holding an pair of dumbbells in each hand, bending slightly at your knees and keeping your abs tight.
- Bend over slowly until your forehead touches the top by the bench, keeping your arms handing at your sides and palms facing one another.
- Slowly raise your arms out to their sides, squeezing your deltoids with the ascent.
- Once your arms is parallel with the floor, hold for an count while squeezing your muscles and then return back to the starting position.
- Repeat 12 times.
6. Machine Lat Pull-Down
- Kickoff sitting with an lat pull down machine, grabbing the handles with a overhand grip,
- keeping your knees positioned underneath the padding and feet flat with the floor.
- Once in position, slowly pull down with the handles and add it down towards your sides, and squeeze on your lat and back muscles.
- Hold as an count and then return back up to the beginning position.
- Do 15 reps.